Victory Chimp - 'Is It About A Bicycle?' Screenprint
Contribution to Artcrank London 2015, inspired by Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman.
An attempt to incorporate all the maddeningly brilliant elements of the book and the absurd ideas of its bicycle-obsessed characters that wormed into the artist's mind in a single, similarly jarring op art graphic: the eternal country lane chasm; the box containing an infinite number of smaller boxes, the theory that bike-riding humans become half-bicycle and the endless loop of the story triggered by the phrase "It is about a bicycle?"
- Produced for Artcrank London 2015
- 2-colour hand-pulled screenprint on 280gsm GF Smith Colorplan Mandarin
- Printed in navy and white inks
- Limited edition of 30, each print is individually signed and numbered
- 40cm x 50cm
- Sold unframed, designed to fit IKEA frames
About Victory Chimp
Victory Chimp creates cycling-inspired art and apparel, dreamed up on the roadside and worked out in the studio. It's also the alter-ego of Ryan O'Reilly, a Northern Irish bike-riding designer and illustrator. When he's not busy at his desk, he's often either scribbling down his own ideas or riding around the country on his bike.
All prices are VAT inclusive, shipping cost exclusive.